It's true, I'm getting old.....ER

9:24 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
Oh, how I never thought I'd hear the haunting words of a 21 year old say "you're going to be HOW OLD on your next birthday? 30? Wow, you're getting up there!" Hmmmm? I had to think about that one for a second. Ok, so we're in the same workout group together, she's 21, and though she just had a baby, her body has so much elasticity that she looks like she just stepped out of a high school cheerleader locker room. Ugh. Make me sick. Bitch doesn't need to be here....working out, nor telling me that I'm basically getting OLD! ha.
None the less, the girl really is a sweet girl, just clueless sometimes. I want to thank her, because that day, I worked my ever loving ASS off. By God, I was going to work off my 3 1/2 year old baby fat. Yes, I breastfed like a MFer, and lost all of my baby weight...well, most of it. Then, I re-discovered "Mommy's Medicine" WINE! Uh oh. I could actually see the wine filling up my ass, so my weight went right back on.
Anyway, I realized very quickly, that I wasn't 22 anymore. I couldn't drink as much as I wanted to without working out, and expect my body to stay firm and cute. No, no, no!

So that night, I corked a bottle of wine (go figure, 'eh?) and gave the ol' Mom a call. I told her what the lovely little 21 year old had said, and she reminded me that, she turned the big 5-0 last November. She told me that your 20's are the WORST, 30's are pretty good, but that her 40's, were so far the BEST! She was actually looking forward to life in her 50's! Um, CHEERS to Mom on that one! I'll think I'll have another glass on that note..............

I'm not saying that I'm the least bit scared of turning 30. Hell, I'm just happy that I still get birthdays, however I do remember being 21 and thinking exactly what that girl had said. 30 is OLD. I just say old...ER! I'm excited to be 30. I'm hoping that the major, petty worries of my 20's won't follow me there, either. By the way, I must give thanks to the women of Sex and the City! Let's raise our glasses to the Fab 4, for making ages 30-50 SEXY! Eat that, 21 year olds! ha ha ha

From one old...ER hag to another...
~CHEERS!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

LOL. Funny blog. :) Yes, I too long to have the trim body of a 21 year old w/o all the drama that comes with that age!

RhoRho said...

My Dear, as an older, wiser hag, I say don't rob yourself of the sweet nectar. During my wine hiatus, I still didn't lose a pound and barely ate anything either. Of course this is coming from a wino. Cheers!

Drummondsfamily said...

Hell yea Maliah! You are officially a hot mama!!!!