$3.24 a gallon and a cup o' coffee

6:46 PM Edit This 2 Comments »
What is this world coming to? I mean, really? As I was driving today, I noticed that the gas light was still on...I'd been "milking it" for two days now. I decided that I needed to get gas, if I must. I drive my happy ass to Sam's Club to get it. LISTEN PEOPLE, get a SAM'S card....you'll save about .10 per gallon. Not much to some, but I happen to drive a GAS HAWG, so every penny saved is a penny earned, right?
Granted, I drive a V8 but that sucker cost me a whoppin $73.26! WOW! That'll teach a person, real quick to "go green" and to drive ONLY WHEN NEEDED! Damn, another reason to live in NYC, huh?!? ;o) just kidding. Damn, beautiful city is polluted as HELL but at least, I'd have the satisfaction of knowing that I was "doing my part" Don't you agree, Rho?!?

On top of spending a fortune on gas, I thought to myself "Why hell, I think I need a coffee, now" so Starbucks, here we come! Good thing the drive thru cashiers are so damn friendly because I now hate myself for falling for the "latte factor" and pay $3.97 for a coffee that I could've easily made at home! Where in the HELL are they getting their coffee? More like, what in the HELL was I thinking? Going back to the cashiers...kudos to those friendly little dudes. They always make me smile with their witty little charms. "Good Afternoon, welcome to Starbucks, my name is "Data" what is your java quest?"

Bottom line here, people...let's help one another out. If you've got library books that are due or need to pick up just an item or two at the store, let people know. If you do a favor for someone, it just might come back to you. Who knows? It's worth a try, eh? Plus, you'll get self satisfaction knowing that you helped someone out and that you "did your part"

2 comments:

RhoRho said...

I too love the lil starbucks guys. Wonder if they're like that everywhere? And yes, agree that all good things come back to you. Pay it forward:)

Jackie said...

You crack me up! LOL. I love it!!!! Yes, I was just talking about "Paying it Forward" last night. Our landlord is wanting us to clean the carpets, which is b.s. if you ask me....her reasonable price......$175!!!!!!! Ya know, we have lived their for almost 5 freakin' years...probably helped them pay the DAMN place off...seriously...ridiculous!